Hannibal Free Public Library
The Last Flight
April 11, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
1. What do Claire and Eva have in common? In what ways are they different?
2. How do you feel about Eva’s decision to manipulate Claire?
3. Put yourself in Claire’s shoes. How would it feel knowing that you’ve traded your life for someone else’s? Would you feel guilty or fortunate? Why?
4. Describe the obstacles Claire faces once she escapes from Rory. Were there any difficulties that surprised you?
Claire’s relationships with other women in the book, like Eva, Danielle, Petra
and Kelly. Are any of these women similar? In what way?
6. Discuss Eva’s childhood. How does it affect how she behaves as an adult?
7. Identify some of the triggers Claire faces as a result of Rory’s abuse. How do you think she can overcome them?
8. Claire makes the difficult decision to go public with her story, knowing full well that she may be met with criticism and disbelief. Why did she make this decision? Would you have handled the situation differently?
9. Liz is the only person Eva allows to get close to her. Describe their friendship. Why is it important to Eva? What does it mean to her?
10. Eva faces several huge difficulties in her life. Do you think her drug dealing is justified, given her circumstances?
Adapted from: http://whttps://www.readinggroupguides.com/reviews/the-last-flight/guide